Sunday, April 25, 2010

What is the best concealer for dark under eye circles?

I have really bad dark circles under my eyes... All the concealers that I've tried look cakey and disgusting, and usually end up coming off by the end of the day anyways. What are some good ones that actually stay put for a long time? I'd prefer cheapish ones that I can find at a drug store, but if you know of an expensive one that works really well, then please let me know :-] I don't mind spending the extra money as long as they actually work.





Also, are there any creams or anything that can help get rid of them? They're so expensive and I don't want to waste my money if they're not going to do anything.





Thank you so much!! :-]What is the best concealer for dark under eye circles?
Unfortunately, there's not really much you can do about dark circles, other than get plenty of sleep. People with allergies are prone to them even when they get enough rest. Most of the products that claim to fix them don't do much. You could try the Avon product another answer recommended, but I wouldn't suggest spending a lot of money on one.





As for concealers, I've had good luck with both the L'Oreal and Paula's Choice liquid concealers and with Lancome cream concealer. L'Oreal is a drugstore brand, and Paula's Choice is available at www.cosmeticscop.com. The Lancome cost me $25, but it's lasted me a year so far. I actually use both liquid and cream together sometimes. I put on the liquid first, then the cream after it dries.





The trick to keeping them from looking cakey and nasty is to put them on VERY lightly with a concealer brush. This is a nylon (not natural hair--it absorbs too much) brush similar to a small, flat foundation brush. You put a little concealer on the brush and pat it into place, blending well.





If you wear foundation, experiment with which you put on first to see which way works better for you. I've seen the experts swear that one way was best, but they don't agree, so just do whichever works for you.





Your concealer should be just barely lighter than your skin tone, which means you may need different colors in the Winter than in the Summer. Speaking of which, sunscreen and sunglasses are *essential* for you, since sun damage makes dark circles worse.What is the best concealer for dark under eye circles?
this isn't a cream, and i dont know if you have used it already, but i absolutely love touche eclat by yves saint laurent


you can try it at a department store, and i'm sure the sales clerk would be more than happy to help you pick a shade. i love it and use it every single day under my make up under my eyes. and they say you can reapply it throughout the day for touch ups


hope this helps a bit!
i find all the concealers work u just have to apply it correctly moisturize mark the concealer under the eye use a cheese sponge and pat it in not to rub it in cause it will not cover the dark circles and it will look cakey and then use ur fingers and pat it in this gives it warmth and help in blending.try avon they woork well to or


u could try caramia stick concealer i don't know if its available in your country.
1. MAYBELLINE is the best.


2. KANEBO is fantastic.


3. TOUCHE ECLAT by YSL is wonderful.


4. MAKE UP FOREVER is amazing.


5. NEUTROGENA is unbelievable.





These are all concealers.





Hope that helped.





Good Luck.
I don't want to sound like I am promoting my business but Avon makes a gel called Avon solutions eye profector. It is usally $9.50 but it is going on sale for $3.99 . My dark circles were so bad they were purple and I am olive toned. I used this for 3 days and my circles were gone. The container is small, but it has lasted me a year. It is one of the cheaper products they have for dark circles but it works great for most people. They have a lot of choices, including concealers. If you want to just browse go to www.youravon.com/jgipple and if you see anything you want, they will deliver it to your house for $3.00. If you decide to buy, e-mail me and I will send you a coupon for free shipping before you order. Just a option. I'm not sure about drug stores because I have been wearing Avon since I used this product then started selling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment